The body of the diabetic person doesn’t produce insulin. There is nothing, with the help of which body can convert the glucose into energy. The glucose needs insulin to enter into the cells so that they can be used for energy production.Type II
In this type the insulin produced by the body is ineffective in performing its function. The inability of insulin to help glucose get into the cell causes diabetes.
This type is found in pregnant women. Pregnancy causes diabetes in few cases.
Symptoms of Diabetes:
Fatigue and Hunger:
Your body converts start into glucose that your cells use them as energy. But your body wants insulin to bring the glucose in. If pancreas unable to produce enough insulin, the glucose can’t get into them. This means there is lack of energy due to which you feel hungry and tired.
Dry and itchy skin:
Body needs fluid to make you healthy and to provide moisture for your skin. If there is lack of fluid in your body your skin became dry and makes your skin itchy.
When fluid levels are changed in your body due to which your eye lenses swell up.
Slow healing of injury: With the time your high blood sugar can affect your body flow and cause nerve damage.
Numbness in your feet:
This is also a reason of nerve damage due to which you feel pain and numbness in your body.
Weight loss: When you cannot get proper energy from your food then it will start burning your fat and muscles.
What causes Diabetes?
Causes of type 1 diabetes:
Cause of type 1 diabetes is due to your immune system, in which your immune system fights with harmful bacteria and viruses and mistakenly it destroys your insulin-producing calls.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
In type 2 Diabetes your cells become resistant to the action of insulin and your pancreas do not develop enough amount of insulin to beaten that resistance.
Causes of gestational diabetes:
During pregnancy, a hormone is released from a body that sustains women’s pregnancy. At that time these hormones make your cells more resistance to insulin.
Diagnosis and tests for diabetes:
This is a simple blood test that shows your blood sugar level for the past 2-3 months. A1c level is 6.5% or higher than that.
Fasting glucose Test:
This is the test to check blood sugar level taken in the morning on empty stomach. If test showing 126 mg/dL level or more then that it means people have diabetes.
Oral glucose Tolerance test (OGTT):
This test is taken after consume a glass of beverage that contains glucose to check blood glucose levels. This test should be performed in every 30-60 minutes for 3 hours. If glucose level has 200 mg/dL or more then that it means people having diabetes.
If you are a diabetic patient then your first question would be, what can one do to control diabetes or prevent it from occurring. Here are few tips to help you control diabetes-
- Diabetes instigates other health problems like high sugar level, obesity and high blood pressure. These diseases, once start taking shape, can worsen the situation. Try to control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Go for annual health check up on a regular basis. An early detection of the disease can help immensely in curbing it. It is easy to handle and take care of the disease in its initial stages.
- Take necessary vaccines and be up to date with them. Too much sugar reduces the body’s defense from infections. A weak immune system can be a house of many infections and diseases.
- Diabetes can lead to many complications like heart stroke. Smoking catalyses the complications in diabetes. Quit smoking as soon as possible.
- Stay active throughout the day. . Ditch the wheels and walk as much as you can. Be regular with your exercise routine and include some muscle strengthening exercises.
- Keep a check on your eyesight. Diabetic patients have weak eyesight and it weakens more over the time.
- Avoid getting boils and bruises. In diabetes the body’s ability to heal reduces tremendously and thus it becomes difficult over come even a small boil. It can spread and become a health concern.
- Make a good eating plan. A healthy diet is the key to healthy body. Include more green and eat according to the following proportions.
- ½ of the food should consist of green vegetables
- ¼ should be protein
- ¼ should be carbohydrate
- Reduce your stress level as it may lead to high blood pressure which in turn triggers diabetes.
- Form a group of diabetic patients. This group should have a doctor and a dietitian for better guidance. Working in groups can be fun and more productive too.
Diabetes cure treatment:
Home remedies for Diabetes:
Fenugreek is an important herb to control diabetes, reduce blood sugar levels and improve glucose tolerance.
Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water for overnight. Drink the water along with seeds in the morning before breakfast. Another option for taking fenugreek is by making powder of fenugreek seeds and drink fenugreek powder with milk.
This is also called as Alma, rich source of vitamin C. This may enhance functioning of pancreas.
Squeeze out the juice of Indian gooseberries and drink it daily by adding Amla juice in a cup of water. Another option is to add 1 tablespoon in a cup of bitter gourd juice and drink daily in the morning on an empty stomach.
Curry leaves have anti-diabetic properties. It is considered that curry leaves contain a constituent that reduces the rate at which starch is broken down to glucose in diabetics. According 2013 study, published in International Journal of Food and Nutritional Sciences pointed that hypoglycemic property of curry leaf helps in controlling the fasting and blood glucose levels among diabetics. Only you have to chew at least 10 fresh curry leaves daily in the morning.
Same as curry leaves it also have hypoglycemic property that helps to controlling the fasting and blood glucose levels among diabetics. According a recent 2015 study, Published in Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders that if we use aloe vera extract in pre-diabetic patients can maintain blood glucose level.
This herb is best to reduce lower blood sugar levels. According to 2013 study, Annals of Family Medicine and Diabetes published that cinnamon is best works for Type 2 diabetes and beneficial effect on fasting plasma glucose, triglyceride levels.
Mix one and a half tablespoon of cinnamon in a cup of warm water and drink it daily. Alternatively, you can also sprinkle cinnamon in your smoothies, baked goods and in beverages.
Turmeric is good ingredient to control high blood sugar thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-atherosclerotic. According to 2014 study, published in Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders indicates that turmeric is effective to control kidney related problems caused by diabetes.
How to have it :
Include turmeric spice in your cooking and another option is to take supplement (consulting a doctor).
Due to its anti-diabetic and hypolipidemic properties diabetic people maintain healthy blood sugar levels. According to 2014 study, in Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders suggest that garlic is used to control Diabetes especially for those who is suffering from Type 2 diabetics.