Stretch marks are scars that develop on your body due to sudden change in your body. These are visible lines that begin as flat red lines and with time they appear as depressed white lines. Pregnancy is the major reason for the stretch marks while other regions like fats and weight gain. The stretch marks appear on the belly, thigh and arms. These make you uncomfortable while wearing the short dresses.
Causes of stretch marks:
- Stretch marks appears during pregnancy: your body produces hormones that makes you’re soften ligaments flexible
- Stretch marks from working out: while working out your weight goes up and down so make sure you lose it slowly and steadily so that your skin is not put pressure or strain.
- Stretch marks during puberty: Body often develops very quickly in growth spurts which cause stretch marks. During puberty boys often get stretch marks on shoulders and girls get stretch marks on their hip, breasts, belly and thighs.
- Underlying health condition: Stretch marks sometimes may cause by underlying health syndromes such as Marfan syndrome and Cushing’s syndrome. In Marfan syndrome your body’s tissues start weakens, reducing their elasticity and in overproduces the hormone cortisol.
Top 10 Ways to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast and Naturally
You can get rid of stretch marks with the help of effective home remedies as given below.
Massage the stretch marks area with the castor oil for 10 minutes. Then wrap the belly with the cloth and apply the heat compression with the help of hot water bottle. Keep it for one hour. Repeat this remedy daily to remove the stretch marks from the belly
- Aloe vera considered as miracle plan as it is effective in the treatment of many skin problems and makes your skin firm and hydrated.
- Massage your belly with the aloe Vera for 15 minutes and then wash it with the lukewarm water.
- You can either make this effective by adding the oil of vitamin A and vitamin E capsules. Mix the three ingredients well and apply to the stretch marks. To remove the stretch marks fast repeat this remedy daily.
- Lemon juice is naturally acidic as it contains citric acid which is best to heal your scars and stretch marks.
- Take the lemon juice and then rub it on the stretch marks with the help of cotton balls so that the lemon juice is fully absorbed. Keep it for the 15 minutes and then rinse with the warm water. You can repeat this remedy.
- Another simple way to reduce stretch marks is Cocoa butter which is a natural moisturizer.
- Gently massage the stretch marks with the cocoa butter at the region on the stretch marks for 15 minutes. You must repeat this remedy twice a week.
- Various types of oils are commercially available such as Lavender, olive and rose oils. These oils are best natural way to treat stretch marks after weight loss. For that you can massage the olive oil on the stretch marks for two times.
- This will improve the blood circulation and then will help in reducing the signs of stretch marks.
- Alfalfa leaves is essential for skin problems as it contains eight essential amino acids, vitamins E and K and proteins.
- Take the alfalfa powder and then mix it with the chamomile oil. Make the fine paste of it and then apply it to stretch marks at least thrice a week.
- Take the almond oil and mix it with the sugar and lemon drops. Make the thin paste of the ingredients and then apply it to the stretch marks. Keep it for half an hour and then wash it. Repeat it twice a day.
- Potato contains starch and source of Vitamin C riboflavin, folate, thiamine, magnesium, phosphorous, iron, potassium and zinc.
- Take the potatoes and peel them to have the juice from them. Apply the juice on the belly with the help of cotton balls. Keep it for half an hour and then wipe the belly with the wet towel.
Laser treatment: This is most effective way to get reduce stretch marks after weight loss. Your stretch marks cannot remove completely but fads them so that your lines are less noticeable by people. These treatments stimulate skin color so that your stretch marks matches to your skin.
Pulsed dye laser therapy is one of the laser treatments that strengthen the growth of collagen and elastin. This effectively helps to remove newer stretch marks.
Fractional photothermolysis: This is also a laser therapy which target smaller areas of your skin and causing less skin damage.
Stretch mark removal Cream:
Various Stretch mark removal creams, gels and lotions are commercially available that claim that they can remove stretch marks. Few creams are described below:
Retinoid cream: These creams derived from vitamin A and improve presence of stretch marks less. Make sure pregnant women avoid taking these creams without consulting doctors as it possibly show some side effects to them.
Mederma: This stretch mark has quality to treat existing marks and new marks that are on their way to appear. This cream will lighten the color, make skin feel softer and smooth out the texture.
Palmer’s cocoa butter:
According to review of various women’s this cream gives efficient results to remove stretch marks that basically appear after pregnancy. Vitamin E, collagen, and elastin are the main ingredient of this product.
How to prevent stretch marks:
Drink a lot of water. Have 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. this will reduce the stretch marks as it will nourish the body.
Fruits are the rich source of vitamin and minerals. It is very necessary to have the fruits in your diet to remove the stretch marks from the body. Have the fruits such as papaya, strawberries, orange etc in your diet.
Protein rich diet:
Lack of proteins may longer the healing duration of the stretch marks. So take eggs, yogurt and nuts in your diet.
Stretch marks that mainly appear during pregnancy are generally due to hormonal changes that affects you. You don’t need special diet if you are pregnant but you have to include variety of foods such as fruit and vegetables, carbohydrates, proteins etc. in your diet
Exfoliate your skin:
By using a dry brushing on your skin may increase blood circulation and keep your skin stretch mark free.
Moisturize your skin:
Moisturizing is good method to hydrate your skin that is on your lower back, legs, thighs and belly and in whatever place where you might get stretch marks.
With the help of exercise your muscles get strong that may help your skin tighten. Some cardio workouts such as running, cycling, Swimming may also provide healthy results by increasing blood circulation in your body.
Don’t use chemicals:
Now a day’s various commercial products are available in market which contains harsh chemical that dry your skin and reduce elasticity so avoid those chemicals. Instead of using these chemicals you can use cleanser made with natural oils that will help you to hydrate your skin.